Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rock the Baby

I have decided to write a book. Call me crazy if you want, but I think it would be very informative for Mommy’s and Daddy’s!! With all the new “parenting rules” and “regulations” that new books seem to reiterate over and over again, I think there’s a need for a book that truly gratifies the parent’s heart. My book shall be called Rock the Baby. Call me crazy, but isn’t that what every parent wants and deserves to do? The chapters will go as follows:

Chapter 1: Let them be little

Chapter 2: Rock them to your heart’s content

Chapter 3: Sleeping with you is okay, if that’s what YOU want

Chapter 4: Sleeping with you is okay, if that’s what THEY want

Chapter 5: “Crying it out” is for the birds!!

Chapter 6: Let them eat on THEIR schedule… When they’re hungry!!

Chapter 7: Sleep is overrated!! If they want to be up, stay up with them!! Get all the time with them you can!

Chapter 8: If they LOVE their pacifier or bottle, let them have it! I promise they won’t graduate from high school with it in their mouths! (And those baby teeth are going to fall out anyway!)

Chapter 9: If they love a special blanket, cup or stuffed animal, it doesn’t mean they’re “needy”… once again, I promise they won’t carry it to their high school graduation.

Chapter 10: And this bears repeating… ROCK THEM TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT!

This book may not be perfect for everyone, but it sure does make my heart and soul feel better than those other “parenting” books out there!! If anyone wants a copy when I’m done, just let me know!

4 comments:

  1. This is so different than me but I RESPECT what you believe in!!! We all mother differently, and although I am the complete opposite in my parenting...Will loves me more than I could ever imagine. He makes me feel like I am the best mother in the world and wants to be by my side 24/7 :) I am one of those mothers that don't let them sleep with us, feed them on the schedule I created, cry it out sometimes, rock them only when they need me or are sick....but it works for me. Both my kids slept through the night by 7 or 8 weeks, slept 12 hours by 3 months, go to sleep on their own when I lay them in their crib (awake). Again, we are all different. I DID read the bookabout "scheduling" and believe in them 110%. But again...it works for me. I don't love my kids any less...I just like how it all works for me...doing it my way. I can be certain about one thing Amanada, you will NEVER regret your choices as a mother, and I think you are doing an AMAZING job!! One day I pray I don't have regrets about my choices. But I can say this...I can't imagine Will loving me anymore than he does :) I love you girl!!!! Write that book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to add...Will is almost 4 and I do love that he has a "special pillow". And letting them be little is soooo important girl! Sometimes I feel bad because Will is the size of a 5 year old and I expect him to act like it...then I remember that he is only 3 (almost 4). Let them be little, let them be little! And our philosophy...dont sweat the small stuff!!! If he spills something...it's ok! If he breaks something, it's ok! Those material things mean nothing to me, my kids are everything to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand!! And all of the "chapters" I wrote, I don't always go by... I just think each parent should have their choice, just like you say! :) I've talked with SO many parents, and everyone has their own special way to do things... but my point in this was, it's your own priveledge to choose how to parent your own child ... :) (cause I had been given a lot of advice on getting Taylor to sleep through the night... but when she's awake, she's happy, not crying, so I don't see anything wrong with getting up with her for now!) Love ya girl! Kiss those boys for me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought about this...add 1 extra chapter and call it.."Don't sweat the small stuff" If your book smakes tons of money, remember me!!! Love u :) And I'm lovin your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete