Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I like her a lot"


When choosing a book to read before nap time yesterday, Ty chose to look through a small album of my wedding pictures. We were having a good time, pointing and saying the name of everyone he knew in the photographs. As we flipped through the pages, we came across a picture of my Aunt Deborah. A special woman to my heart. She helped raise and mold me. And she went very suddenly to the Lord on April 5, 2008. Above is a program from her services... I have it everywhere I go. Upon seeing her picture he said, “Mama, who is that?” I said, “That’s Aunt Deborah.” He said, “She’s so cute, I like her a lot.” And, of course, I started to cry. What a special woman she was. Like a second mom to me. I always wanted my children to know her and love her like I did growing up. To hear my son say this, was one of the most precious moments in my life. I have a feeling I know someone up in Heaven who is looking down, smiling at me as a write this. Just reliving the sound of his little voice saying “I like her a lot” has me in tears all over again. Happy tears…. Sad tears….Hurting tears… This isn’t going to be a long entry. There’s nothing more to say. My son said it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment